Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sunday April 19, 9:00am

I am getting baptized!

I know...its crazy...but really exciting to see God moving so powerfully in my life...

We have been doing a series at our church (www.highpointmemphis.com) on addictions...and how we ALL (because we are human) are addicted to sin and are in need of recovery! (we just started Celebrate Recovery this year) Anyhow, the pastor has been going over the 12 step program of recovery that Celebrate Recovery uses to help addicts! It has been a very powerful series and Chris (pastor) has reminded us that we can either be addicted to the deeds of the flesh or that we can be 100% addicted to God! However a large majority of Christians tend to stay in neutral, not really being addicted to sin, and not addicted to God either! The problem with being in the middle is that we have become comfortable with our sin...not realizing how even the "smallest" (not that any sin is "small" to God) sin can separate us from Christ! While being in the middle we tend to start comparing ourselves to other Christians (I am doing fine because my sin is nothing like theirs) instead of comparing ourselves to CHRIST...and when we do, we start realizing that we are NO WHERE near where we should be! So my prayer over the past several weeks would be that I would just be ON FIRE for Christ, being 100% addicted to HIM and Him alone!
The night of Avery's 2nd birthday, God woke me out of a dead sleep and needed to have a conversation with me. Not that I audibly heard him, but in my heart He gently asked this question "I know that you are SAYING that you want to be 100% addicted to me, BUT what are you going to DO about it! How are you going to show me that you are willing to get our of your comfort zone and truly be addicted to me?!" My response was to get baptized (I was baptized as a child, but I feel like God has called me to "get dunked" again to profess to HIM and everyone else that I am willing to serve God 100%!) I then had to "wrestle" with Satan for the next several hours...I kept questioning my response to God...I've been a Christian ALL my life, I have served Him in ALOT of areas in my church, I have already been baptized, etc... and then I realized that because I had again stepped up my decision to be 100% obedient and addicted to God, that SATAN was on the prowl...trying to get me to back down from the promise that I had made with God!
ISo Saturday, April 19th at 9:00 is when I am getting baptized. If you are in town and can make it, I would love to have you stand to support me. If you aren't able to make it (which is completely fine) Please pray for me as I share my story.
I pray that God will work through me..that my words would not be mine at all but that they would be HIS words, and that out of my obedience someone else might be able to resonate with what God has told me! In my video I talked alot about my mom who passed away 10 years ago to breast cancer( I struggled for the first year after mom died. She was most definitely my spiritual leader in my life...and all of a sudden I was without a mom, best friend and spiritual leader! But God, as always is faithful and has brought me on a journey of a lifetime and I have come to know who I am in Christ for myself...and what a wonderful think to know!)...and I feared that I would look like an emotional idiot...and I did...but I hope that God will still be able to use me even through my emotional meltdown :)
I love each and everyone of you and I am so thankful that each of you has played such an important part in who I am and who I have become!
Love in Him,
Kim<><
"May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you O Lord, My Rock and My Redeemer"
Psalm 19:14

No comments: