Friday, April 17, 2009

Great Grandaddy Jack...

bless his 93 year old heart...He is having a rough couple of weeks. His wife suffers from Alzheimer's and it has come to the point where her children have decided it is time for her to get permanent professional care. So at the end of next week, he will be leaving to visit his daughter in Florida for a couple of weeks while her sons get her settled into a new facility. It has been so sad to see this disease take over her body, and progress from bad to worse. Granddaddy has spent the past 2 years caring for a woman that has certainly not been "herself" and he is worn out! He is very upset about what is about to take place, but knows that it is a necessary part of the process...Chad and I, along with the girls decided to go by and visit with him for a little bit, to hopefully bring a smile to his face...and I think that we accomplished that! If you would, please pray for my granddaddy and her family as they deal with a very emotional issue! Pray that the transition will be smooth for everyone involved and that granddaddy will be able to make decision about his future and be at peace!
Here are a few pictures that we snapped before we left!



2 comments:

Amy said...

It's never easy having to put someone in a home especially someone that you love and care about so much. I do think it's wonderful that your Great Grandaddy is surrounded by so much love and support. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Holly said...

I agree with Amy, I hope everything goes smoothly for your family. :)