Saturday, May 31, 2008

A week from tonight...

Uncle Jay and Aunt Jenna will be MARRIED!!! Which means that I have approximately one week to do LOTS of things...like finding a temp. hygienist for the 2 days of that I will miss, finding a dress for myself and Avery (Ray and Brenly are in the wedding so they already have their attire for the evening), packing our bags...which is no small feat...It is amazing how much "stuff" you have to pack to survive 4 days away from home, get the oil changed in my car (it is a few miles overdue), finding the "perfect" wedding present (which makes my head hurt)...I feel like I have only given you a small portion of my "to do" list, but you get the idea! The ONE thing that I dread worse than any of the mentioned above is this: convincing my oldest child that wearing a dress for this blessed occasion is a great idea! I mean, if you have read any of my previous post you realize that this is a GIANT task, that must be started sooner than later! And you must understand that it's not just a dress, it is a flower girl dress (it is absolutely beautiful, which makes her even more nervous) and then you have the pantyhose and the shoes (YIKES) and on top of that they are putting flowers IN her hair (oh my, I'm starting to shake a little) and finally, she will be carrying a princess wand....I mean, absolutely precious, except we have to remember that we are talking about Brenly...My precious girl who would much rather hold snakes and check out lawnmowers than deal with anything pink or girly! So I guess this post is a polite way of asking for some major prayers...that we can pull this thing off, and in the midst of all of it, that Brenly will agree to smile and look (and act?!?!?!)like a "PRINCESS"...that we all know she CAN be! I promise to keep you posted on all of the details and will definitely post pictures...either way :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE it!!! I can see you saying this out loud now:)!!!! Your the best!!! It was good to see you! We were coming home last night from out of town through Boliver and I told Jason how much I miss seeing yall all the time at church!!!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that it is not only my toothless child that causes you to sweat...
It will be FINE! She is a girly girl underneath it all, right??? :)