Friday, May 9, 2008

A bad night!

I know that I have been posting alot about Brenly lately, but obviously we have spent lots of time with her during this whole ordeal! Last night was another bad night...i laid with Brenly until about 11:30 and then I struggled to get to get to sleep myself! At approximately 2:30am Brenly woke up screaming in pain. I went to get her medicine, (I have already told you that she HATES her pain medicine and it takes me practically sitting on her before we accomplish that task.) And she FREAKED OUT!!! I have never in my life seen my child act like that, screaming bloody murder, running around in circles, sitting on the floor and rocking back and forth...I am telling you the truth it was really alittle bit scary...I am just glad that MiMi was there to testify that I am telling the honest truth! Anyway, after approx. 20-30 minutes of a severe tantrum, I finally looked at her and told her that if she woke up her daddy or her sister that she was getting a spanking. I went on to further explain that she was 4 years old and I realized that she was in pain but there was no need for her to act the way she was acting...She looks up at me and says, with big ole alligator tears, "will you forgive me?" I mean, she really knows how to make a person feel horrible. I felt so bad! I told her that I wasn't mad, but that I was frustrated....She gets up and goes to the bathroom and shuts the door. After another 5-10 minutes of her screaming in there, MiMi goes to check on her and she had curled up in a ball on the bathroom floor,covered up with a towel and dozed back to sleep. MiMi picks her up, brings her back to the living room and I FINALLY get the medicine down her...Yes, It took almost an hour! I am definitely ready for a full recovery! Continue to pray for complete healing and sanity for all of those that are involved!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Kim, all of you are in my prayers! I can't imagine how hard this has been for you! You definitely deserve the Mother's Day of the Year award!! Let me know if there is anything we can do to help! I hope she gets to feeling better soon!

Kress Smith said...

Still praying:)

Anonymous said...

um, really, you have never seen a fit like that, I mean, have you MET Maci? I'm just sayin...

Really, though... bless her heart saying will you forgive me! And dozing in the bathroom floor...