Thursday, May 15, 2008

Up all night...

AGAIN...but this time, she wasn't screaming in pain...PRAISE THE LORD! She was starvin...Remember that 2 days ago she woke up at 4:00am and so by 2:00pm she was exhausted. I had given her benadryl to help her get some good sleep and boy did she ever...She laid down at 2:30 and didn't wake up until 11:00pm and when she woke up, her appetite magically reappeared. I felt so sorry for her though...We tried everything, and her throat is still hurting so bad that she couldn't swallow anything. We went through 3 different kinds of Popsicles, a push up, yogurt, a banana, and finally at approx. 2am she asked if I could please make her a pancake. So here we are in the middle of the night (well, technically in the middle of the morning) and I am cooking pancakes. She did eat 3-4 bites and then she decided it wasn't worth it and she quit trying! She doesn't fall back to sleep until 3:30am and I have to get up at 5:30 to get ready to have my first mammogram done...I mean, how much can I cram in to this week to make it as miserable as possible! (I have to start them so early because mom got diagnosed so young!) So after my 2 hours of sleep, I get up and get ready, take the girls to Niecy's and head to Methodist Breast Center...I made it through my 1st mammogram and it was a piece of cake...It seriously was the easiest things that I have ever done and I am officlially becoming an advocate for them! I mean to be a little bit of discomfort for 5 sec only to have your life spared by the ugly disease of Breast Cancer...I'll go ahead and choose the 5 sec. of discomfort! Anyhow, we are all now on the upside of this past week and I can't thank you enough for your prayers...But I certainly need a break...SO I think that I will take one. Me and 4 of my friends from high school are all leaving for a long weekend in Hot Springs this afternoon and I couldn't be more thrilled...MiMi is coming to our house to take care of the girls and I am heading out of town for 3 days WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO! I cannot wait!!! Pray for our safe travel and for a weekend to rest, relax and renew, before coming back to reality next week! I thought that I would add a few pictures of the past week...I especially like the one of Brenly and her "ear muffins" (that is what she calls them...and you can tell that she feels miserable...that was right in the middle of our lowest points) and I have added one of Avery and her "teethin" self! She will be glad to get her big sister back...she has been a basket case without her! Hope you have a great weekend!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture with the IV in her hand and the one with the ear muffs on absolutely break my heart!!! I am so glad she is feeling better!

Keke

Kress Smith said...

What an adventure!!!