Monday, March 10, 2008

What I missed?!?!

1. I BARELY missed getting out of here due to the blizzard like conditions that apparently hit Memphis after I left...
2. I missed out on seeing my girls faces, when they saw it falling from the sky, covering the ground...
3. I missed seeing my husband getting my girls ready to run errands to the cleaners, Walmart, McDonald's, etc...
4. I missed seeing him take not just one of my girls, but both of them to the bathroom at McDonald's...
5. I missed seeing him try to talk Brenly into going into the boys bathroom, all the while Brenly was in large discussion on why she shouldn't be in there...
6. I missed him holding Avery on one hip, while placing toilet paper on the seat, picking up Brenly and putting her on there so carefully as not to knock the paper off that he had so delicately placed...
7. I missed Brenly & Avery trying to make a snowman out of the snow that was already melting on Saturday afternoon...
8. I missed a phone call from Brenly, so she had to leave a message telling me that Daddy knocked down some of my decorations...
9. I missed Brenly telling Daddy that she needed to sleep on my side of the bed so that she could take care of him for the night...
10. I MISSED MY FAMILY!!!

Although I had a wonderful time in Charlotte with my good friend, I did miss out on lots of funny things...But most of all I just missed being with them. I certainly take for granted on a day to day basis how much joy and laughter my family can bring...I learned this weekend that although it is good to get away, it is better to get back home- where I belong!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE it!!! I think it is excellent for dads to play the "mom" roll every once in a while!! This was great!