Thursday, March 6, 2008

Weekend Getaway!

I am making final preparations to fly to Charlotte, N.C. in the morning to visit a good friend of mine from middle school! I am so very excited to have a girls weekend, no husbands, no kids, no snotty noses, no whining, etc... I haven't seen Chrys in about a year and a half and that was when we had a layover in Charlotte. She came to the airport to hang out with us for about 2 hours. Before that, it was at our wedding, almost 6 years ago! So I am looking forward to spending some time with her, catching up on each others lives, remembering the good ole' days, and enjoying some "me" time in the process. At the same time, I am a little sad about leaving Ray and the girls, but I am positive that after the goodbyes in the morning that I will be just fine! So pray for me as I travel (as they are calling for SNOW tomorrow...I mean the one day in the year that I will be traveling, for cryin out loud and snow is heading our direction) that I will make it there and back safe and sound...AND enjoy some "me" time while I'm there!

No comments: