Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Light at the end of the tunnel~

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race and I have kept the faith" 2 Tim. 4:7
"I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Jesus Christ is calling us" Phil 3:14

I can't believe that I am finally writing and it is the end of 10 weeks of Ray being at Police Academy. It has been a long road, but one that I would travel again...in a heartbeat, because of all the blessings that have come from it! Don't get me wrong, I never mentioned easy, nor did I mention fun. But it has been a road that was necessary to get us to this point in our lives.
I am so proud of Ray and all that he has accomplished over the past 10 weeks. It has been amazing watching him turned into the man that I dated in college. He has risen above challenges that seemed impossible, he has gained confidence and self esteem (a long awaited answered prayer), he is happier now than he has ever been in his life! I have never been more proud than I am at this moment to say that he is my husband! We have grown as a couple and as a family, and I can't be more grateful for that! The girls cannot wait to have daddy back on a daily basis, doing things together as a family. It has been hard for me to watch Brenly struggle so much with all the changes going on, but in the long run it will make her stronger and she will realize the importance of being together! God has given us all the courage and the strength to make it through these 10 weeks and I cannot wait to watch him graduate on Friday! Ray, I love you with all my heart and I am so proud of you and all that you have accomplished! Welcome Home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the light? Is he freakin graduated yet? Are you on your way home for Bunko... I mean, are your priorities in order?