Monday, January 12, 2009

Who's in the kitchen with Dinah?

Yesterday we were on our way home from church...(one of the MANY times we are in the car for extended periods of time) and Avery had fallen asleep! Avery is usually the one that LOVES to sing (BaaBaa Black Sheep, Twinkle Little Star, Jesus Loves Me, Ring around the Rosies, London Bridge, Jesus is His Name-O, etc...) however because she was asleep, Brenly decided to take over the singing role! She started singing:

"Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah,
Someone's in the kitchen I know ho ho ho
Someone's in the kitchen with Dinah
strummin on the ole' banjo

we're singing Fe-Fi Fiddley I Oh
Fe-Fi Fiddley oh ho ho ho
Fe-Fi Fidley Oh
strummin on the ole' banjo ho ho!!

Soon after she stopped singing she asked, "Mommy, who is in the kitchen with Dinah?"
I answered by singing
SOMEONE'S in the kitchen with Dinah
Someone's in the kitchen I know HO HO HO

Brenly exclaimed, " I got it...It was Santa Claus...because he said HO HO HO!" I laughed out loud and then continued singing

We're singing Fe-Fi Fiddley I oh

and she shouted, "no maybe it was a giant, because he said Fe-Fi (Fo Fum..like Jack and the beanstalk!)

She is too smart for me...Always has those wheels turning...analyzing everything...including Who's in the kitchen with Dinah! Heaven help us if you've got a minute!!

No comments: