Thursday, January 8, 2009

Heaven got another angel!


This week has been a sad one! Tuesday morning a got a text from Keren (Misty's sister in law!) saying that we needed to pray for her dad RIGHT NOW! I immediately got off the phone and started praying when Misty called...just to chat! I was very confused at why she wasn't hysterical! Then I realized that that is one of the tings that I love most about Misty...Alot of the time- she is just clueless! Bless her heart! However...at this moment in her life, God was using her cluelessness to protect her. She was driving to the hospital, not knowing that her dad had just passed away! Larry aka Mr.Pam/Papa Bear Miller went to be with Jesus Tuesday morning after an apparent massive heart attack. 911 was called and when they arrived they had to do CPR to try to stabilize him enough to transport him! Jesus had different plans for him and he is now in heaven in NO pain and eating ALL the sugar he wants (he was a diabetic and was not fond of the no sugar diet!) We are all very sad for the family, for their loss is sudden and great, BUT we know that God is good and He has got great plans for the family (I know sometimes it is hard to look past the pain to see the future, But I trust that God is faithful and Just and that His love endures forever!)
I am trying to memorized at least 2 Bible verses a month (I am not so good at memorizing but I am going to try...That way I will have memorized at least 24 verses by the end of the year!) and it just so happens that I pick out Psalm 39:4-5
"Lord, show me when my life will end.
Show me how many days I have left.
Tell me how short my life will be.
5 You have given me only a few days to live.
My whole life doesn't seem like anything to you.
No man's life lasts any longer than a breath.
We have to keep in mind that LIFE IS SHORT!!! And when Jesus is ready to take us home..there is not much we can do besides OBEY! LIVE, LAUGH and LOVE like crazy!!!

We will miss you Papa Bear and we are grateful for the time that God allowed us to have you! See you one day in heaven!


No comments: