Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Who says you can't...

swim in the bathtub?!?! Yesterday at Swim Lessons, Mrs. Kim let Grace and Brenly wear some goggles to get them to go under the water and open their eyes...Funny thing is that BOTH of them put the goggles on kept their eyes shut the entire time! So Mrs. Kim encouraged us to get some good goggles for them and let them practice in the bathtub...So I rush out to get them some (the ones I found were pink frames-which happens to be Grace's favorite color - with blue lenses-which happens to be Bren's favorite color) So last night bath time rolls around and Brenly rushes to get the goggles! I put them on her and tell her that she is going to go under water and I am going to hold up my fingers and she is going to have to tell me how many I am holding up (to make sure that she is really opening her eyes!) So she gets ready (and I am waiting for her to hold her nose and go under the water...and while I am waiting she holds her breath and goes under...WITHOUT HOLDING HER NOSE!



I was shocked, but very excited...So I hold up two fingers and she comes out of the water and screams, "TWO"...We play this game for a LONG time and she is becoming much more confident in the water...every time staying under a little longer. I couldn't believe it! I asked her how Mrs. Kim taught her how to do it...and she said, "What, I can swim as long as I have these things!" Oh my goodness...*side note* Ray's mom is not the most proficient swimmer and several summers ago we were in Captiva Island, FL. and she put on a snorkel mask and claimed that it allowed her to swim as well...I think that MiMi and Brenly have been spending way too much time together...Brenly is starting to believe MiMi's fabricated tales?!?! Anyway so I had to take a few pictures of Brenly "swimming" in the bathtub with her new goggles!
and I couldn't resist taking a few of Avery (I know that isn't such a shock!) but while I was taking pictures of Brenly...Avery was sitting on the counter saying "EEEESSSEEEEE" Too Precious!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I am so proud of Brenly!! And Avery Ray is the cutest baby ever with that red hair, rolls, and eeeesseee face!! I could squeeze her!!!

Misty LaDean said...

That cracks me up! You tell her I am so proud of her! Goggles in the bath... what else do yall do in Bolivar??? Weirdo's... KIDDING!

Wendy said...

what a smart idea - where was this when Abbi was 4???? i am very proud!!!

Amy said...

practicing in the tub is a great idea!! Gabrielle keeps wanting to wear them in the tub, I will have to let her try and maybe I will have her swimming early!