Sunday, July 6, 2008

Do you read the Bible...

A very unlikely title...and a very unlikely statement from my 4 year old..However after she said it, it made me think! The girls were in the bath and I was reading a magazine (a Christian magazine, mind you!) and Brenly out of the blue (which is usually where most of her statements come from!) says, "How come Aunty (which is Misty and how she got that name is a whole 'nother post...feel free to comment on her blog and find out how and why Brenly had to name her that:) reads her Bible before bed and you don't? Ray had walked in the room at the moment that she said it and we were both floored-- Almost shocked that she would even question such a subject...And for those who don't know me...I am in the middle of a Beth Moore study, so I have definitely been in the Word more lately than before!...But do I read the Bible where my children can see me (not that I need to prove to them that I DO read my Bible..) but shouldn't they know that there mommy reads it, absorbs it, and tries to live a life that is reflective of that! It really got me thinking last night...I need them both to know that I am in the Word and I will do my best to read it...not for myself, but for them! Bedtime stories will now be Bible stories...For I want them to read it, know it and LIVE it!!

1 comment:

Misty LaDean said...

We are always learing stuff from our kids... who KNEW that it would also involve this wayward soul! OK, not wayward, but not as good as KIM!