Monday, April 21, 2008

My Rule Follower!!

So yesterday we made the journey home from my brother's house (although, driving to my house from anywhere is a journey!) and as soon as we got home, I had to go to the bathroom..we had been in the car for over an hour...Brenly however said that she wanted to stay outside and wanted Avery to stay with her. I asked her before I went inside if she needed to go to the bathroom...She quickly said NO and went straight to her swing...(she tends to ignore important things just to be outside- not eating dinner, not going to the bathroom!) I was inside long enough to pee and change clothes and I ran back outside...Brenly was acting very sneaky, and I immediately asked her what she had been up to! She gave me this very persnickety grin and said, "I'm a big girl!" I looked down at her feet and they appeared to be wet, my first thought is that she had gotten in the water hose...Then Bren says, "Let's go play..but I am going to walk backwards!" I told her to turn around so that I could see the back of her skirt...She started to get big ole alligator tears in her eyes and with a whimper said, "But mommy, I couldn't leave Avery out here by herself...I went over there and pee-peed so Avery wouldn't step on it!" I felt so bad. Here is my 4 year old, who honestly wants to follow the rules (most of the time) and she was torn between leaving her baby sister outside or peeing in her pants! Praise the Lord she opted to stay with Avery...for we can always clean up accidents. It makes my heart happy to know that she loves her baby sister enough to pee on herself:)

3 comments:

Kress Smith said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing because that just made my day.

Anonymous said...

Stinkin (probably literally) precious!

Unknown said...

Ok, that so just brought sweet tears to my eyes! How precious!