Thursday, August 7, 2008

Two stickers...

for a job well done! You may not remember but a while ago I posted here about the trouble Brenly was having at gymnastics...It seemed that there was too much going on and she could NOT concentrate on the task at hand! She was devastated the first night of gymnastics because she didn't get the prize for listening! Skip forward 5 months...We were at gymnastics Tuesday night (it was the start of a new semester) and there were 13 kids in her class! Half way through class time, they stop to get water and Coach Ashley asked me if I could come watch her do this certain "skill" on the bars. (I am sure there is a name, however, NOT so sure what it is...It is where Brenly has to hold onto the bar, walk her feet up the wall and flip over...after the flip she is suppose to use her arms and keep them straight...Supposedly something that alot of preschoolers can't master...)Well, it is with much excitement that I tell you that she did it all by herself and did a really good job! At the end of class, Brenly ran out of the gym with the biggest smile on her face because she had gotten NOT ONE BUT TWO STICKERS for being the best kid in class! She was so excited...She said, "Mommy, I got TWO stickers for doing so good today, I paid attention in class, I did everything that Coach Ashley told me to do AND I HAD MY LISTENING EARS!!! AAHHHHH---Music to a mothers ears...Not to mention a smile on a mothers face! I am so proud of you Brenly!!!

4 comments:

Misty LaDean said...

Tell that sweet precious that I am proud of her and her listening ears!

Wendy said...

Yay Brenly!!! Coach Wendy says good job too - hee hee!

Shannon said...

Go Brenly! I hope Kenzie will be joining you in gymnastics class

Amy said...

I love that! Here listening ears!! :) And it is so exciting to see them master something!!