Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Birthday...

to our house???? You have to understand that Brenly has a wonderful memory...Not sure if that is an attribute of all 4 years olds, but she remembers little details from months and even years ago! We were driving down the road the other night and Brenly starts laughing to herself and says, "Wasn't that fun, mommy? I asked what she was talking about...She replied, "When we went to go watch those fireworks!" I agreed with her and said that we did have a lot of fun! She said, "We celebrated the birthday of our house!" I looked back at her, questioning exactly what she was referring to...( it was just a quick glance, after all I was driving!) She understood my look, and said, "Mommy, that is what you said...We were celebrating the birthday of where we lived!" It made laugh out loud...I suppose that as we were driving to the firework extravaganza, she asked why we were going and I said that we were celebrating the birthday of America...where we live!!! She must think that our small plot of land on earth where we reside constitutes as "America" So if your ever out in the country why don't you stop on by and see "America"!! Kids are just funny and never forget a thing!!

2 comments:

Misty LaDean said...

These memories kill me!

Shannon said...

that is so stinkin funny! happy birthday to the mcmillen house, all those fireworks just for you!!