Monday, July 19, 2010

The wife of a Game Warden..

I have posted several times about having a Game Warden for a husband...There are many times that he finds "treasures" and brings them home! Most of his "finds" are usually DOA, but this one, well, it was different! He called around 10PM and asked if the girls were asleep. I explained that I had been trying to get them to go to bed for hours and was unsuccessful. He made me promise that I would keep them up until he got home, he had "something" that they needed to see! I am sitting in the recliner in the living room when I hear the kitchen door open! I look above the chair and all I can see is the HUGE smile on his face, so I quickly look around the chair and see this staring at me...

Let's just say I freaked out just a little that a fawn was IN MY HOUSE! The girls heard that daddy was home so they come barreling down the hall, when I have to warn them to SLOW down and BE QUIET! They round the corner and notice the wildlife that has entered our house! Avery was not so fond of it at first,

but for Brenly it was love at first sight



Turns out that Ray had gotten a call about a woman who had picked up the deer near the side of a road and took it home to be her pet (which is illegal, in case any of you are wanting a pet deer!) So he had to go get it and bring it to our home...The following morning he was taking it to a woman who rehabilitates wild animals! This fawn was so domesticated that it followed us around like a little puppy! So we aren't sure if it will ever be able to live in the wild again! It was a once in a lifetime experience and we were glad to have a pet, even if it was only for 12 hours! :)









Sometimes having a Game Warden for a husband is pretty exciting!

No comments: