Monday, February 8, 2010

Another Snow Day...

and this one was VERY unexpected!! There was NO mention of ANY precipitation... and at 5:45 I received the Shelby County School phone call telling us that school was out! WHAT??? I immediately jumped out of bed to see the ground COVERED in snow...






I started with my morning workout, only to receive a phone call from my office manager telling me that we weren't going to work either! WHOO HOOO! Snow Day for the entire family! And we had lots of fun! As soon as Brenly started to stir...I went to her room and opened the shade so that she could see the 4 inches of "good" snow covering the ground! She was SOOOO excited and immediately wanted to get dressed to go play...and so we did..by 8:00, we were all dressed to get out in the snow!




We made snow angels...



had a snowball fight,




made a snow man,




ate snow (that was Avery's favorite :)



ate snowcream...the whole nine yards!
Thank you God for such an unexpected surprise...causing us to stop and realize how important it is to spend quality time with our children! What a great day!!

(Can you tell that Avery was over it by the end?)

1 comment:

Misty LaDean said...

don't you feel better since you put those up! ADORABLE! PS, did Ray know that was SNOW outside... PJ pants and short sleeves- for real?!?!?! :) love ya!